[syslinux] Booting Physical CD with PXELINUX

Jacob Alifrangis jalifrangis at authenticlick.net
Mon Aug 13 10:10:27 PDT 2007

Is there a way to start or trigger the el-torito process from PXELinux?

On my network, veeeeery occasionally I have the need to start the
contents of a boot cd or usb stick from pxelinux, is there a device node
(like grub has) that I can call to create a label like

                LABEL StartCD

                                Menu LABEL Boot from the CD Drive

                                KERNEL (CD)(0)/BOOT/ISOLINUX

                LABEL STARTUSB

                                Menu LABEL Boot from USB

                                KERNEL (USB)(FLOPPY/HD/CD)

Or

                                CHAIN (CD)(0)

Or Something like that; thanks.

Authenticlick, Inc.
5757 Wilshire Boulevard | Penthouse One
Los Angeles, California 90036
Tel: 323.330.0404 x302 | Fax: 323.330.0755
email: jalifrangis at authenticlick.net
<mailto:jalifrangis at authenticlick.net>

Jacob Alifrangis

Director of Operations