[syslinux] Redirect on both VGA and serial?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Aug 27 10:28:08 PDT 2007

Oliver Klein wrote:
> Dear List
>
> maybe a simple question. We have a pxelinx server in our network which only sent the output on a serial console. Now we want both output on VGA and serial console. I think pxelinux redirect the output default on VGA. So I think the only changes I have made is to add "tty0" into the "label" section in the "default" file. Is this correct?

What you're talking about is actually the kernel, not pxelinux.

For the kernel, to get output on both you would have to do put
"console=tty0 console=ttyS0" as part of your "append" statement.

Now, a subtlety is that user space (as opposed to kernel) output will
only be sent to the last thing listed on the command line.  You can't
get that sent to two places.