[syslinux] memdisk patch

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Aug 27 22:38:43 PDT 2007

Duane Voth wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I ran across a couple bugs in memdisk concerning hd images the other
> day.  With the attached patch I've been able to successfully boot a
> 32MB gzipped hd image.  (I'll put the image up for a short while at
> ftp://ftp.io.com/pub/usr/duanev/fdoshd.img.gz)
>
> The pxelinux.cfg entry I'm using is:
>
>     label fdos
>         kernel memdisk
>         append keeppxe initrd=fdoshd.img.gz
>
> syslinux/memdisk is great, thanks Peter et. al.!

Thanks!!  Staring at it, I feel like a total doofus... I guess that's
what happens when one doesn't get the time to work properly.

I had to massage your patch to fit into the latest source base; could
you please try out 3.52-pre8 to make sure it works as intended?

(I have also downloaded your disk image and added it to my collection.
It booted, but gave me an "invalid opcode" error after loading DOSLFN --
looks like it might be related to the program "tcpinfo".  Not sure if
that is expected or not.)