[syslinux] PXE boot fail with Menu.c32

Ryan McLean ryanm at accelrys.com
Mon Dec 3 03:40:04 PST 2007

>Has there been any progress toward fixing the Yukon problem, or is it
>not going to be addressed? Not complaining, mind you, but maybe this
>problem should be more prominent in the documentation. This card is
>everywhere.
>
>I have a slew of Acers with built-in Yukon NICs. Chased my tail for
>about 4 days trying to get menu.c32 to work. I didn't realize that it
>could be NIC-related until I booted an older PC with an Intel card in
>it, and the menu popped right up. I should have searched the list
>archives first!

You could submit a unified diff of the documentation with a section titled
"Known Issues/Incompatibilities" and list the NICs you know not to work..

Also the Wiki could be updated to include the information as well.

Regards,

Ryan McLean

Accelrys Limited (http://www.accelrys.com)
Registered office: 334 Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge, CB4 0WN, UK
Registered in England: 2326316