[syslinux] PXE boot fail with Menu.c32

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 21:01:16 PST 2007

hi:
   my gigabyte mainboard use phoenix-award bios. i aslo have some old board
and severs with yukon nic which is ok to boot menu.c32. i remember
some ibm server with yukon nic can not boot menu.c32, but ibm update
the bios and fix
that. i think yukon pxe rom is broken on some versions, but it is ok now,
just ask your vendor for a new bios or maybe you can strip the boot rom from
other bios and make your own.
  the yukon nic is not a big issue to me. the real big issue i think is
sis900,which never has a workable pxe rom for menu.c32. there are so
many sis900 out there, which are all broken. i must setup my dhcp
server with mac address and use etherboot to workarround every sis900.
i wonder if there are better ways to deal with sis900?