[syslinux] USB Boot WinPE 2.0 via syslinux

Jörg van Elten kyor at gmx.de
Wed Dec 5 10:38:37 PST 2007

Hello all,

I'm booting for 1 year WinPE 2.0 and floppy disk images via PXE
(pxelinux) and this works very well.

I also want my floppy disk images and WinPE 2.0 on a bootable USB Stick.
So i format my usb stick with fat16 and use Syslinux to make it
bootable. I can now boot from stick and execute the floppy disk images.
This works very well. But how can i add WinPE 2.0 booting support ?

I didn't find a working solution on google. I only found grub4dos and a
winpe 1.6 description. But i want to realize it with syslinux if
possible. So i can take over my pxelinux config (with menu.c32) and
migrate it to syslinux.

I hope the mailing list can help me out. :-)

Greetings

Jörg