[syslinux] bootstapping linux from windows/windows shell

Anssi Kolehmainen anssi at aketzu.net
Mon Dec 10 14:24:43 PST 2007

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 01:35:05PM -0800, Jacob Alifrangis wrote:
> You're Shit out of luck mate.

Maybe not... boot.ini -> grub -> kernel+initrd on fat/ext2 partition ->
root on ntfs (or anywhere). Ntldr can load the bootloader (from
boot.ini) so the problem is in how the bootloader finds kernel and
initrd. I don't remember whether grub supports NTFS. If it does seperate
partition is not needed.

--
Anssi Kolehmainen
anssi.kolehmainen at iki.fi