[syslinux] bootstapping linux from windows/windows shell

Constantine Gavrilov constg at qlusters.com
Tue Dec 11 00:42:58 PST 2007

I just had an idea. I think I can "tag"  linux kernel and ramdisk to a
single file and path that as a boot file to boot.ini.

It should work, since kernel is x86boot sector file type. This is
similar to an older solution -- how to put linux kernel and ramdisk on a
floppy without a file system or a boot loader. I can use existing
tagging solution (etherboot's mknbi, Intel PXE) or cook my own.

Constantine Gavrilov
Distinguished Engineer
Qlusters Software Ltd
Hayovel Building 27th floor