[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.54-pre1 (bug fix release candidate)

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Dec 11 10:29:30 PST 2007

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> I just uploaded SYSLINUX 3.54-pre1.
>
> This is a release candidate, since it fixes a bug which I considers
> significant.  As it turns out, the problem with the graphical menu under
> Qemu/KVM (requiring -std-vga) was actually an invalid assumption that
> SYSLINUX was making, and didn't verify.  Fixing the assumption was easy
> enough to do, so I have fixed it.
>
> Added is also a new set of menu layout commands, "menu disable", "menu
> indent" and "menu separator", which can be used to create a hierarchial
> menu look.  Thanks to an anonymous contributor for this code.

Timing update...

Since I really want to get the Qemu fix out quickly, and since the code
changes in this release are quite small (the entire diff is 688 lines,
including documentation patches) I'm going to release it THIS WEEK
unless I hear otherwise, so if you have a chance to test it, please do so.