[syslinux] extlinux graphical menu with function keys

Gordon Schumacher gordon at rebit.com
Tue Dec 18 12:13:49 PST 2007

"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com> wrote on Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:09:09 -0800:

> Hi Gordon,
>
> I just looked at your patch to review it for integration.  Unfortunately
> it seems to have seriously gotten stale.

Not a surprise, it's been a while on that one - and I'm not actually
positive I wrote it against the most current thing available then.  (I
wrote it over a weekend trying hard to get a project out, and was not
always paying as good attention as I should have been...)
> Furthermore, I'd rather not introduce new core keywords if at all
> possible (OPTMENU, OPTMENUS).  Any sane syntax to use them with the MENU
> leading keyword?  If not, can we stick to a single keyword (perhaps
> OPTMENU ENABLE F1...?)  If it doesn't make sense, then oh well, but...

Let me ponder that for a little bit; I suspect there's something
reasonable, yes.
> Other than that, I really like the code, it's pretty clean and fits
> nicely in the framework already established, so I'd like to try it out.
>   Any chance I could get you to refresh this patch against 3.60-pre4 (or
> the "adv" branch in the git tree?)

I can look at that, sure.  First I want to get the current crop of
patches up - they're to different areas of the tree anyway :)