[syslinux] without msdos filesystem

Tomas M tomas at slax.org
Fri Feb 2 06:20:21 PST 2007

> I just pushed this out as 3.36-pre2.  If you could please test it out
> (as I haven't done anything but the most cursory testing) I would
> greatly appreciate it.

Doesn't work for me.

I tried this:
$ cd /mnt/sdb4
$ syslinux -d ./boot/syslinux /dev/sdb4
It prints out '/dev/sdb4: No such file or directory'

I tried strace, and there is probably something wrong.

In ./unix/syslinux.c, line 471: it opens ldlinux_name file, but it
doesn't exist. So it unlinks it (to be sure) and then it tries to open
it writable, but it still doesn't exist. (I believe the path creation is
not correct because of two leading slashes //).

 From strace, it seems syslinux tries to access
"//./boot/syslinuxsyslinux.mnt.4124.0//ldlinux.sys"

BTW ... I have to recompile (make) syslinux each time in order to
rebuild all binaries, else I get 'Floating point exception' after
starting ./unix/syslinux. My syslinux doesn't use direct mount.

Tomas M
slax.org