[syslinux] Version 3.35 problems with Broadcom BCM5780 chipset

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Feb 2 09:01:00 PST 2007

Ole Holm Nielsen wrote:

> But when I use those very same SYSLINUX menus on an AMD Opteron server
> (IBM x326m), it is capable of loading up vesamenu.c32 and menu.c32
> and displaying a list of menu items.  But as soon as I select any item
> whatsoever in the menu list, the server locks up and must be power cycled.

I wonder if this is the same class of problems which is affecting IBM
laptops.  Either way, I'm afraid it falls under the same category -- I
simply have no way to debug this without access to the machinery.  There
isn't any "obvious" explanation for this behaviour, other than possibly
BIOS misuse of high memory (which would have to be further diagnosed.)