[syslinux] Howto create encrypted passwords with the simple menu in pxelinux

bsnottum at hkskole.no bsnottum at hkskole.no
Sun Feb 4 03:06:59 PST 2007

Hallo!

I am using pxelinux to boot the computers in my network. It works really
nice! One thing I have not figured out is how to use encrypted passwords
with the simple menu. Ofcourse it works with passwords stored in plain
text, but I would really like to use securely stored passwords.

I have tried to use the perl script "sha1pass" but this only ends up in a
heap of error messages. I am using cent os, by the way.

Is there a howto on encrypted passwords/ pxelinux? I have been googling a
lot without finding anything to help me.

Thanks!

Bjorn

believed to be clean.