[syslinux] 3.36-pre2 without msdos filesystem

Tomas M tomas at slax.org
Sun Feb 4 04:27:57 PST 2007

> Err... OK, double user error, a lack of error checking *AND* complete
> and total bugs on my part.
>
> You're right, of course; fix pushed out as 3.36-pre3.
>
>     -hpa

I'm happy you were able to track it down and fix it.

BTW: Is there any particular reason to run syslinux on unmounted
filesystem only? (As you mentioned in previous mail.)

I can't see this IMPORTANT fact anywhere in documentation
(syslinux.doc), moreover it works for me to run 'syslinux /dev/whatever'
while the device is already mounted read-write.

I believe syslinux only modifies boot sector (after copying
ldlinux.sys), so it shouldn't cause any problems IMHO.

Tomas M
slax.org