[syslinux] vesamenu causing screen lock-up

Ryan McLean ryanm at accelrys.com
Fri Feb 2 01:52:44 PST 2007

VMWare player allows for the playing of VMs created by someone else but
not the creation of them

VMWare Server allows for the creation and running of VMs and taking of
screenshots (of the VM) but you are limited to one snapshot and you cant
record videos of what you are doing but is completly free.

WMWare Workstation is allows for the creation of VMs, taking of
screenshots (of the VM), multiple snapshots and recording of videos (of
whats happening on screen, say for demos). but you have to pay for it.

Server & Workstation are pretty much identical (excluding the above
features) bar that during vm creation Server  defaults to SCSI devices and
Workstation to IDE devices.

As to your comments about floppy / cdrom access,  i use both Server (alot
of our servers are VMs) and Workstation ( I do alot of testing of OSs and
software)  on a daily basis and have never had any problems, touch wood.

FYI Latest Server release is 1.0.1 and Workstation is 5.5.3, i suggest
upgrading if you have any of the earlier versions.

Regards,

Ryan McLean