[syslinux] HP DL380 G2 does not boot off local disk from PXE boot menu

J.H. warthog19 at eaglescrag.net
Thu Feb 8 21:57:58 PST 2007

Yiping,

Strangely enough I had a Compaq DL380 g2 sitting on my rack getting
prepped to get shipped so I thought I'd check into your bug.  I ran two
tests to see what was going on but my setup is:

compaq dl380 g2, updated using firmware upgrade 7.50 and 7.70, system
bios P24 dated 05/01/2004.  The 5i array controller's firmware is set at
v2.66.

Test 1: pxelinux v3.36-pre10

This booted and displayed my normal menuing system, and timed out 10
seconds later and booted to the local drive.  Grub came up and all was
good with the world.

Test 2: pxelinux v2.06

I downloaded and setup pxelinux v2.06, and copied your config file.  The
system came up, I confirmed it was running v2.06 (^v) and typed 'local'
and hit enter, it waited a couple of seconds and than grub poped up for
me.

One thing to note, I am using grub as my boot loader and I'm booting
Linux.  I'm going to assume from a couple of things in your original
message that your booting Windows, does it boot without pxelinux?  What
OS are you running?

Beyond that I'm unable to duplicate the problem with mine.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley