[syslinux] booting winpe from directory

Plaul, Markus Markus.Plaul at vng.de
Mon Feb 12 00:51:59 PST 2007

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: J.H. [mailto:warthog19 at eaglescrag.net]
Gesendet: Freitag, 9. Februar 2007 18:12
An: Plaul, Markus
Cc: syslinux at zytor.com
Betreff: Re: [syslinux] booting winpe from directory

Since windows doesn't really like the idea of a remote root file system,
you would basically need to use memdisk and load the entire image into
ram than boot from that, which means that you are looking at a minimum
of something like a gig of memory to boot a full 700mb hard drive image
(700mb for the drive and 300mb for ram to actually run with)

- John