[syslinux] PXE stack access via com32

jesse barker jessebarker5 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 09:45:56 PST 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com>
To: jesse barker <jessebarker5 at yahoo.com>
Cc: syslinux at zytor.com
Sent: Monday, January 8, 2007 9:27:49 AM
Subject: Re: [syslinux] PXE stack access via com32

jesse barker wrote:
> Also, it's worth noting that upon return from intcall(), outputRegs.eflags.l == 0x2, which isn't a documented value (at least not in the docs in version 3.11 or on the web docs).

>> What do you mean "it's not a documented value"?  It's the EFLAGS
>> register, which is documented in the processor documentation; bit 1 is
>> always set in EFLAGS.

Sorry, I was referring strictly to the comboot API docs which doesn't define anything to interpret bit 1 of eflags (I was loosely hoping it might indicate some undocumented error).

At any rate, have you seen anything in my description of what I'm seeing that might give some indication of what's wrong?  Do you (or anyone that you know is using this functionality) have any (com32) examples of PXE stack access that are known to work?  I might be able to work backwards from there (at this point I have nothing to indicate incorrect use of the API, unless one of the data structure definitions in the PXE spec is wrong).

cheers,
Jesse