[syslinux] tftp-hpa standalone in foreground

Andreas Kotes count-linux at flatline.de
Mon Jan 15 02:03:33 PST 2007

Hello,

* H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> [20070115 10:39]:
> Darryl Miles wrote:
> >> Mmm, interresting.
> >>
> >> Why should the fork (to the background) be avoided?
> >
> > So you can put it in a mission critical loop I guess to make sure its
> > always running (or have a custom parent process to manage the tftp
> > process lifetime).

exactly :)

> I have added -L to the current git tree.  I'll probably make a release
> in a few days, time permitting.

great :) thanks! but where would this git tree be?

http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=network/tftp/tftp-hpa.git;a=summary

doesn't seem to be 'it', despite saying it was the tftp-hpa official
tree?

Best regards,

   Andreas

--
"The problem is not how to wipe out all differences, but how to unite with all
differences intact" -- Tagore