[syslinux] vesamenu causing screen lock-up

Teun syslinux at teund.dds.nl
Thu Jan 25 23:01:12 PST 2007

Quoting Ram Yalamanchili <ramyinc at gmail.com>:

> I'm assuming you guys are talking about VMware Workstation? The ESX code
> base when you boot is the same as linux 2.4.21.

I was actually using VMWare Server (because it's free). However, if
it's a video BIOS bug as hpa suggested it would surprise me if that
would make a difference. I would assume all VMWare products use pretty
much the same (video) BIOS, right?
I'm not quite sure how to interpret your comment on the ESX code.

Thanks,
Teun