[syslinux] without msdos filesystem

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Jan 31 10:59:16 PST 2007

Tomas M wrote:
> Just a clarification regarding this email, as it seems some users didn't
> understand my question.
>
> I'm talking about the syslinux installer (executable binary), not the
> syslinux bootloader itself.
>
> I'm talking about ./unix/syslinux.c, line 337 and 359

I thought about this some more, and it's not clear I was right about this.

For this particular installer, one can -- and probably should -- use
bmap instead of libfat, at which point using the vfat filesystem should
work just as well.

I will put this on my list of things to do.  It shouldn't be all that
difficult.