[syslinux] x86 in/out instructions in com32

Miguel mth at mth.com
Sun Jul 15 16:56:17 PDT 2007

I am writing a pxelinux com32 program to control a piece of hardware.

I need to execute some processor in & out instructions to talk to
registers on the hardware.

I looked around but did not see anything in the syslinux ./lib or
./libutil directories that would do IO ... but maybe I missed something

Q: Are there com32 functions for reading/writing x86 processor IO ports ?

I only have to pull a the args off of the stack and issue an 'in' or an
'out' command. I thought about doing this with inline assembler. I think
that the best example that I saw was in lib/memset.c ...

Q: Is there an example of how to accomplish this that is better than
lib/memset.c ?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Miguel