[syslinux] Is there a howto for using redboot to kickoff a pxelinux boot?

Maes Rich rmaes at spraycool.com
Wed Jul 18 11:15:19 PDT 2007

The subject says it all.

I'm using rocks cluster software to startup a small blade cluster in my
lab.  The blades I have redboot installed on them.  I am able to boot
any client that has pxeboot capability using my setup, except for these
blades.  My thoughs were using redboot commands to do the following:

1.	load -v -r -b 0x8000000 -h 10.1.1.1 pxelinux.0
2.	start

This however caused my blade to reboot spontaneously.  Should have known
it couldn't be that easy.

Has anyone attempted this before?  Thanks in advance.

Rich Maes

Lead Systems Engineer

Isothermal Systems Research, Inc.

office: 509-232-3458