[syslinux] Intel Boot Agent GE 1.2.36 vs tftpd-hpa 0.48

Ian McDonald iam at st-andrews.ac.uk
Sat Jul 21 09:21:04 PDT 2007

Petr Kohts wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Just to let everyone know: I've came across a motherboard
> with Intel Boot Agent GE 1.2.36 which is not able to get
> pxelinux.0 from tftpd-hpa 0.48 (configure ; make ; make install)
> without `-r blksize` option.
>

> Regards,
> Petya.

There's two ways to read the above. I presume "it only works if I put on
the -r blksize option."

It's not by any chance an Asus PCH-DL?

I remember that the on-board PXE didn't work in the early bios for this
board, but it got fixed later. IIRC (dim past now) it looked like it
worked till the point of picking up the files. I never tinkered with the
tftp end of things, as everything else I had worked, and the most recent
bios solved the problem at the time.

I presume you've put the latest bios on whatever board it is you have?

--
ian