[syslinux] ISOLINUX boot problem: request for help

Peter Bartke bartke at mi.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jul 26 14:17:53 PDT 2007

H. Peter Anvin schrieb am Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 12:30:21PM -0700:
> Peter Bartke wrote:
[..]

> Since you can boot the offending machine, I would try to dd the CD to an
> image *on the failing machine* and compare it to the raw image.  That
> doesn't necessarily imply things are hunky-dory, but it's something.

I made a fresh CD copy, dd from /dev/cdrom and diff'ed to the .iso.
The files were the same, the md5sums as well. All done on the failing
machine.

I booted the fresh copy, resulting in the same boot stall. I boot selected
with F8 (boot selection menu) the CD-RW for booting, same effect on the
other drive.

Peter

[..]