[syslinux] tftpd-hpa feature suggestion

omri omri.il at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 04:33:59 PDT 2007

Hello,

I had a feature suggestion in mind.
I'm using PXELINUX with tftpd-hpa to netboot a debian system.
Everything works great.
I had an idea to create a dynamic bootup message (DISPLAY command)

The idea is simple, instead of sending the file itself, the file will
be executed and the output will be sent.
Some environment variables can also be defined before executing the
script (MAC address, IP address, etc.) so the script can make use of
them.

This feature could be used to create a dynamic bootup message.

P.S.
I'm aware of the config lookup order, it's just not really convenient
for such purpose.

AFAIK, There's no concurrent implementation for such a thing.

Best regards,
Omri Bahumi.