[syslinux] tftp, slackware and aliased eth0

Jason Gerfen jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu
Wed Jun 6 05:11:24 PDT 2007

Hello, I am writting this list in regards to a limitation of the tftpd
service. I am not sure if this is the correct list to address but here
is what I have found.

After setting up a slackware machine and adding the tftpd and dhcpd
services I needed the machine to listen for dhcpd client requests on
multiple subnets so the machine was multihomed using aliased interfaces
as such:

eth0.subnet001
eth0.subnet002

When attempting to setup tftpd I have found that it only utilized the
last aliased interace in the list of ifconfig and handed out pxeboot
requests on the one subnet vs. all subnets that any aliased interface is
using.

I did find a piece of code or patch someone submitted regarding this but
it did not work correctly. Is this something that can modified to listen
on any aliased interface or multiple network interfaces?

Thanks for any information on this.
Jas