[syslinux] tftpd-hpa feature suggestion

omri omri.il at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 16:12:11 PDT 2007

On 6/7/07, J.H. <warthog19 at eaglescrag.net> wrote:
> Check the mailing lists, I believe it's been explained already, however
> it comes down to if the cgi program on the tftp server takes too long to
> execute the client side will timeout and you'll be dead in the water.
> What would need to be done is some sort of transfer that would cause
> something akin to a keep alive that would inform the client to stall and
> then retry.
>
> - John

I'm not fimilar with the tftp protocol, all I know is that it uses UDP.
Maybe there's a checksum attached to each packet being sent?
how about sending a packet with the wrong checksum or something similar
that would cause the client to wait for the packet to be re-sent or just request
the file again?...