[syslinux] SYSLINUX current directory and the config file

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Thu Jun 7 07:29:17 PDT 2007

"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com> writes:

> I have come to the conclusion that it would be a lot less invasive to
> simply maintain the rule that the current working directory is the one
> where the config file lives, *including* one loaded via the CONFIG
> directive.

Yes, that would suffice for me.

> The obvious exception to this would be the initially loaded PXELINUX
> configuration file.  If there are ideas how better to handle the
> PXELINUX case I would appreciate hearing them.

The parent directory (containing pxelinux.cfg) seems like a logical
choice for me.

> Would this be sufficient for people, or would everyone prefer the
> full-blown solution?  That would probably have to wait until
> post-3.50 just due to the invasiveness of some of the changes.

Btw, I tried testing those patches under Bochs, but that froze right
after printing CBIOS, much sooner than QEMU.  I admit I cheated during
compilation by touching {pxe,ext,iso}linux.bin as those won't compile
without proper conditional compilation directives; hope that didn't
matter.  The result is an infinite number of
00003899960i[CPU0 ] LOCK prefix unallowed (op1=0x53, attr=0x0, mod=0x0, nnn=0)
type messages pouring onto the console.  Unless you declare it
worthless I'll continue looking into this as time permits.
Feri.