[syslinux] menu.c32 and old syslinux options

Jerry Nelson jerry.nelson at xilinx.com
Thu Jun 7 09:35:18 PDT 2007

Ok, I think I found one issue.  I have my default menu, and that
Brings me into other menu's(configs) depending on which one is selected.
I have "noescape 0" in one sub menu, but it wasn't set in my 1st default
Menu.  I didn't include that in my first menu because I use password
Protection and the README.menu says you must have "noescape 1".

Anyway, I changed that and hitting escape gets me the "boot: " line,
Password still seems to work, but I still can't get the boot line
To accept my labels from sub configs - I have used "include mycfg"
Lines, but nothing.  "menu include" just shows all the labels, not what
I want.
--jerry

Attached is my config and one sub config:
Default Config file:

======================
default menu.c32
prompt 0
noescape 0
allowoptions 1
ipappend 1
timeout 900

MENU TITLE PXE BOOT MENU
MENU MASTER PASSWD somepword

SAY Please Enter Boot Label:	(This doesn't seem to work either?)

LABEL local
  MENU LABEL Local ^Boot
  localboot 0

LABEL mainmenu
  MENU DEFAULT
  MENU PASSWD
  MENU PASSPROMPT This Sub menu for linux booting Requires a Password:
  MENU LABEL Main ^PXE Boot Menu
  KERNEL menu.c32
  APPEND pxelinux.cfg/mainmenu.cfg

INCLUDE pxelinux.cfg/mainmenu.cfg
INCLUDE pxelinux.cfg/rhat.cfg

AND My sub menu mainmenu.cfg file below:
========================
default menu.c32
prompt 1
noescape 0