[syslinux] IP details in COM32 module

Coe, Colin C. (Unix Engineer) Colin.Coe at woodside.com.au
Fri Jun 8 05:40:41 PDT 2007

> I know this is a newbie question, but how to I use
> pxe_get_cached_info?  I've search through the code and can't
> work out how to use it.  I'd like to use Ferenc Wagner's
> macros but I also don't want to rewrite my code when an
> offical macro system is introduced.
>
> Could I get an example of how to use pxe_get_cached_info?

Somewhat related, I've noticed that __com32.cs_bounce has a 32 character
limit.  I'm needing to stuff 'junk' (far more than 32 chars) into this
variable.

  -snip-
  sprintf(junk, "ksdevice=eth0 hostname=%s ip=%s gateway=%s netmask=%s
dns=a.b.c.d", my_name, my_ip, my_gateway, my_netmask);
  -snip-
  sprintf(__com32.cs_bounce, "memdisk initrd=%s_%s.img %s", model, bios,
junk);
  /* Populate the registers AX and BX then call INT22 */
  memset(&reg, 0, sizeof(reg));
  reg.eax.w[0] = 0x0003;
  reg.ebx.w[0] = OFFS(__com32.cs_bounce);
  reg.es       = SEG(__com32.cs_bounce);
  __intcall(0x22, &reg, &reg);
  -snip-

Could someone advise of how I could or should do this?

CC

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential.
They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You must not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact us at once by return
email and then delete both messages and all attachments.