[syslinux] syslinux-3.36 Physical Floppy Disk Access Problem

Desmond Boyd brokencode at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 11:15:16 PDT 2007

Hello,

I am using the pxelinux.0 and memdisk files from distribution syslinux-3.36.

I am no longer able to access the real floppy disk drive B: instead I just
get a mirrored copy of the emulated floppy disk A:

The default config file is as follows

label 1
	kernel memdisk
	append initrd=kd202.img

I was previously using the sysliunx-3.20 distribution which gave me access
to the real floppy disk drive using drive B: with Emulated Floppy Disk as
Drive A:.

Do I need to add any additional switches to the append line to enable the
latest version to enable me to access the real floppy disk drive?