[syslinux] How to avoid the network reinstall in pxelinux?

Eric Zhang maillistbox at 126.com
Fri Jun 8 23:17:37 PDT 2007

Hi, Brandon:

    Thank you for your suggestion but maybe this cannot reach my expect.

    In your way, the client machine will boot from local harddisk after
finished installation, this is correct but, I should go to select
"network boot" at the first time in client machine, this is not what I
expected because I have too many client nodes and I haven't a KVM. :(

    My requirement is:

    First, the boot order in my BIOS is 1.network  2.local harddisk  ......

    Then, the client machine boots from network and then install the
Linux automatically -- I just need to press the power button on every
client machine then go away.

    At last, When the client machine finished installation, it will boot
from local harddisk while not from network.

    Any ideas? :)