[syslinux] USB Keyboard

Jernej Simončič jernej.listsonly at ena.si
Sun Jun 10 05:37:40 PDT 2007

On Sunday, June 10, 2007, 13:52:26, BuraphaLinux Server wrote:

>     My desktop machine at work was replaced and they gave me a Dell
> Optiplex GX520 machine to use.  When booting from CD-ROM I use
> isolinux 3.50 and the keyboard does not work.  It does work once linux
> boots, and it works if I hit the F2 to go into bios before isolinux
> starts.  I have searched google and the syslinux archives for
> 'Optiplex GX520' but have not found any reports of other people with
> problems.  I searched for 'syslinux USB Keyboard' and people say to go
> into BIOS and turn on the legacy keyboard support.  I read the common
> problems and hardware pages on the syslinux.zytor.com site (couldn't
> find a FAQ page though).

I don't know Dell BIOSes, but other manufacturers usually name this
option "Legacy USB support", "Support legacy USB devices" or "USB
storage support" (for some reason, this also enabled USB keyboard to
work on that machine). Search your BIOS for an option that looks
similar to this, and enable it.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

Nobody loves a winner who wins all the time.
       -- Trump's Quirk of Human Nature