[syslinux] Problem booting extlinux from disk

Lai Zit Seng lzs at pobox.com
Sun Jun 10 06:26:47 PDT 2007

Hi,

I am having a problem booting from a disk installed with extlinux. The
exact configuration that worked with version 3.36, when upgraded to
3.50, appears to still work on the same disk. But if I zap out the disk
(i.e. start from scratch again) and install extlinux, the disk fails to
boot. Extlinux stops at the boot: prompt after displaying "Could not
find kernel image: linux".

It could be that extlinux is not reading its config file (installed
under /extlinux, and yes I've run "extlinux -i" on the directory). I can
type the path to my kernel at the boot: prompt and the kernel does boot.

Appreciate any help :)

Regards,

.lzs