[syslinux] syslinux-3.36 Physical Floppy Disk Access Problem

Desmond Boyd brokencode at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Jun 10 23:56:46 PDT 2007

As requested, I have tested the distributions listed below to try to isolate
when physical disk drive access for me was lost, results are as follows:

Physical Disk Drive B: OK with Virtual Disk Drive as A:
3.20
3.30
3.31
3.32 Pre1

Physical Disk Drive B: Not Present only Virtual Disks A: and B:
3.35
3.35 Pre1
3.35 Pre2
3.35 Pre3
3.35 Pre4
3.35 Pre5
3.36
3.50

It seems to be a problem with memdisk as I also tested each memdisk version
with the latest pxelinux.0, so currently I have in the tftpdroot:

Pxelinux.0 Version 3.50
memdisk Version 3.32

This combination gives me access to the phyical floppy disk b: