[syslinux] USB Keyboard

Andreas Kotes count-linux at flatline.de
Mon Jun 11 01:36:24 PDT 2007

Hello,

now that sounds rather unlikely.

I figure it's a bug - those happen, you know? ;)

Ask your boss wether downgrading for installation and upgrading back
after it is acceptable.

Br,

   Andreas

* BuraphaLinux Server <buraphalinuxserver at gmail.com> [20070611 10:30]:
> Yes, the machine has broken BIOS and no PS/2 ports.  My manager said
> downgrading the BIOS was not acceptable, so I will just have to make
> custom CDs to install these machines and let them timeout.  Let's just
> end this thread with the comment that friends don't let friends buy
> Dell hardware.  My boss was trying to be nice and get a new machine,
> and once it gets into Linux it's OK, it's just that Dell is actively
> trying to prevent installation of a new operating system, and probably
> A11 was created just for that due to pressure from their primary o/s
> supplier.
>
> On 6/11/07, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> > Nazo wrote:
> > > I don't know, I've broken a keyboard that way just a few years ago.
> > > (The plug on the board was terribly weak and would come loose far too
> > > easily.)
> >
> > If the plug is weak it doesn't matter if you hot- or coldplug it.
> >
> > 	-hpa

"At the end of knowledge, wisdom begins, and at the end of wisdom, there is no
grief ... but hope."
-- Lloyd Alexander, 30.1.1924-17.5.2007