[syslinux] Client machine cannot acquire the IP from dhcp server

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Sat Jun 16 06:16:38 PDT 2007

Op 15-06-2007 om 18:14 schreef Eric Zhang:
> Gilles Espinasse wrote:

The manual of the ISC DHCP server has this example:

            subnet 239.252.197.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
              range 239.252.197.10 239.252.197.107;
              default-lease-time 600;
              max-lease-time 7200;
            }

My advice is to play with the lease-time options.

Back to the original posting:

> >> I found the first time the client machine sent a
> >> DHCPDISCOVER msg and server responsed the DHCPOFFER, then the client
> >> sent a DHCPREQUEST and the server reponsed DHCPACK. But the second time,
> >> the dhcpd didn't print anything out?! Why?

What is the second time the client does talk to the DHCP server?

And what states that the DHCP server does get the second message
from the DHCP client?

Those are two seperate questions ( please answer both seperately ).
The second question is the important one, it implies an 'are you sure
that the client was actual able to send out the "second" request?'

Hope this Helps
Geert Stappers