[syslinux] pxelinux bug's

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Jun 20 17:12:01 PDT 2007

Iouri Kharon wrote:

> Redescription:
> 1. Alignment error when more than one initramfs are loaded using initrd
>    - the alignment of the last disk is discarded in calculations but is
>    ALWAYS present when the loading procedure is called. As a result - the
>    second image (cpio) is not recognized.

I'm not sure this is correct (there is probably a bug, but this fix is
definitely incorrect.)  In particular, any rounding of su_ramdisklen for
the case of a single file is not acceptable.

Could you be a bit more explicit what you mean with "he alignment of the
last disk is discarded in calculations but is ALWAYS present when the