[syslinux] pxelinux and WDS server for Vista

Andrew Stuart andrew at shopcusa.com
Fri Jun 22 14:56:02 PDT 2007

nicolas gateau wrote:
> I am testing BDD 2007 and WDS on a Windows 2003
> Server.
> I have a PXE Server with tftpd32 and pxelinux boot.
>
> Is it possible to have a menu entry that chain the
> first pxe booting(pxelinux) to the WDS Server which is
> on a different computer because I can't install WDS on
> the TFTP pxelinux.
>
> I have testing this entry:
> LABEL TEST WDS
> kernel ipadress::pxeboot.0
>
> but the first server always respond for transfering
> files after choosing this entry.
>
> Thanks for ideas
>
> Nicolas

Nicolas,

I just ran across a howto for getting pxelinux to work from WDS. I can't
find the link at the moment, but I will try searching for it later..
otherwise perhaps a google search for 'pxelinux WDS' would reveal it's
location.

It seemed like a simple setup. throw WDS into compatibility mode and
create a template, copy over the files and have fun..

-Andrew