[syslinux] pxelinux and WDS server for Vista

Ryan McLean ryanm at accelrys.com
Mon Jun 25 05:34:46 PDT 2007

Hi,

Sorry, it may be possible to create modified images but i wouldnt even
know where to start, I don't really think it would be worth the hassle.

Why wouldnt mixed mode be an option? just use WDS for all windows based
images and then hide all you linux images in the RIS section. I created 2
security groups in my AD RIS-Admin & RIS-User. Both can add computers to
the network as i created an OU for all RIS'd computers to be placed in.
RIS-Admins have full control over the .sif files and pxelinux config files
whereas ris-users can only read and execute them.

>From what i can see RIS seems to be more secure, requiring password
authentication, whereas WDS didnt, in saying that i went as far as copying
the files for a vista install and that was it, but surely its a bit late
to require authentication at that point??

Regards,

Ryan McLean