[syslinux] Support DHCP sname field in PXELINUX

Dyks, Axel (XL) xl at xlsigned.net
Thu Jun 28 14:33:01 PDT 2007

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Dyks, Axel (XL) wrote:
>> So why should "pxelinux" compensate for so many mistakes?
>>

> Well, there is the philosophy of being liberal in what you accept
> (conservative in what you send).  Another way to put it is "because it
> can."  If it can, which isn't guaranteed.

Wouldn't it make more sense then -- in case that siaddr is empty --
to add code for the "Server Identifier" option to "parse_dhcp_options"?

    Code   Len            Address
   |  54 |  4  |  a1 |  a2 |  a3 |  a4 |

This value does neither need parsing nor DNS lookup.

I think this has already been requested ...

Axel