[syslinux] Support DHCP sname field in PXELINUX

Dyks, Axel (XL) xl at xlsigned.net
Fri Jun 29 23:50:51 PDT 2007

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Geert Stappers wrote:
>> Op 29-06-2007 om 16:19 schreef Dyks, Axel (XL):
>>> I've attached two versions of a "next-server-fallback" patch.
>>> A "verbose" one that makes "pxelinux talk about the reason for falling back",
>>> and a "silent" one. The later is -- of course -- much smaller and
>>> does not require to increase LATEBSS_START in "layout.inc".
>> IMnsHO we should go for the verbose one,
>> because it says that gaps are being filled.
>> Gaps that could exsit on purpose.
>>

> Actually I'm going to implement a variant of the quiet one, mostly
> because pxelinux is running very low on space and I don't want to add a
> whole lot.

Just seen your changes in git.
Much more elegant than what I did!

But it has been real fun to do a little of asm programmming which I used
to do a lot _years_ ago. Looking into all those lines of asm code that
the bootloaders consist of, gave me an insight in how much _work_ it has
been to bring the syslinux project at it's current very mature state.

Thanks,
Axel