[syslinux] memdisk from 3.36 crashing on Dell PowerEdge 1955

Andreas Kotes count-linux at flatline.de
Thu Mar 1 09:47:39 PST 2007

Hello list,

I had to boot a Dell Diagnostic Disk today, and tried doing this via
memdisk - which was when I noticed memdisk isn't working for me at all,
neither from pxelinux nor syslinux.

After trying around with 'raw', 'bigraw' and the like I noticed it
doesn't even do anything when just using:

LABEL diag
    KERNEL memdisk

.. when I try that:

boot: diag

nothing more happens. I tried enabling debug tracers but didn't get any
more information ...

How do I debug this? How can I help fixing this?

Kind regards,

   Andreas

--
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." -- H.L.Mencken