[syslinux] mboot.c32/Xen compatible

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Mar 14 19:41:10 PDT 2007

Ram Yalamanchili wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I dont know the answer, but to clarify the network card isn't related
> to mboot module. Thats part of the pxelinux's UNDI driver I believe.

Actually, PXELINUX talks to PXE, not to UNDI (fine distinction, I know.)

But obviously, yes, it should work either way.  I would be very
interested in the *exact* failure mode, but in your case it was probably
PXE stack version dependent; 3Com had a lot of problems in the early
versions of their PXE code.

In general, if you want to be on the safe side, I would go with an Intel
card.  Their PXE stack is very mature, and their cards are flash
upgradeable should you have a problem.