[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.40-pre15 -- more library work, Linux-loading demo module

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Mar 15 18:40:50 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I have done more work on the syslinux shuffle library.  This is more
higher-level work, in particular it is specific to loading Linux kernels.

This stuff allows manipulating initramfs on the fly, if desired.  As a
demo, I have written up a module which loads a Linux kernel with all the
usual stuff, but optionally adds the DHCP packet from the PXE stack into
a file named /dhcpinfo.dat in the initramfs.

I really hope it is abstracted enough that it should be readily
accessible to everyone; the main file is only 235 lines including comments.