[syslinux] Could not find kernel image: linux [solution]

Franklin PIAT fpiat at bigfoot.com
Sat Mar 17 03:03:25 PDT 2007

Hello,

For the record...

I had the same error message today "Could not find kernel image:"...

For me, the problem was that the parent directory had invalid
permissions : permission was "drw-r--r--" (mode 644) instead of
"drwxr-xr-x" (mode 755).

Granting everyboy "read and execute" permission by running "chmod a+rx"
on the faulty parent(s) directory fixed the problem.

Hope this can be usefull.

Franklin