[syslinux] api headers..

Ram Yalamanchili ramyinc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:19:32 PDT 2007

Hi Peter,

I'll send you a patch for the partition stuff then. I been trying to
call into the syslinux's fat code from my com32 module but its proving
quite challenging due to the assembly interface.

Also, my problems are worsened by the fact that I have to read the
contents of a different parititon than the active one, and the state
of vfat partition which is saved in global varialbes in ldlinux is to
be altered. Since you dont want to make an fs lib, is the best way to
write my own simple vfat lib which uses the readdisk interface to get
to the file contents? This way I can atleast have it cooked up in C
and being single threaded and read_only, the code itself will be
pretty small and easy.

Seems very messy, but i dont see any other way out with the current design :/

Any thoughts/opinions? thanks.

--
Ram