[syslinux] pxelinux: Doing DHCP-Release?

Andreas Kotes count-linux at flatline.de
Fri Mar 30 02:38:46 PDT 2007

Hello,

* Fabian Seither <Fabian.Seither at HORNBACH.COM> [20070330 11:16]:
> > have the DHCP server issue the static IP to the Workstation.
>
> That's a good idea, but I think i would not get my colleagues to manage all
> the leases for 5000 Clients. => The Hostname has to fit to the IP-Adress.
> Becaus there must be a way to choose the hostname we can not chosse the
> Hostname according to the IP receive from DHCP without touching the leases.

well, then rethink your concept.

e.g. if you manage your Hostnames/IP-Adresses/MAC-Addresses in a
database, write the DHCPd config file from this database.

Others have been doing this for ages ;)

   Andreas

--
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." -- H.L.Mencken