[syslinux] Default Reply-To: for this list changed

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue May 1 08:18:26 PDT 2007

Bernd Blaauw wrote:

> Previously a 'reply' ment sending to original author, and reply-all ment
> sending to author with CC to the list.
> At least in my Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0-win32 this is the case.
> A 'compose message to' (or whatever it's called, using a dutch client)
> for 'syslinux at zytor.com' does create a new window but looses the thread
> info, or at least its message contents history.
> The idea of mailinglists is to keep stuff on the mailinglist instead of
> bothering individual people.
>
> Is there any different way the replying should have been done in the
> past, in modern/popular electronic mail clients?

In general, on a mailing list, you're supposed to use "Reply All".  This
is due to the fact that mail program authors stubbornly refuse to
implement the "Followup" functionality which news programs have had for
20 years; the technical problems associated with that for mail have been
solved for at least 10, with the creation of the List-Post: header.